Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Feb 15: Marc Tyler Nobleman author talk 7 p.m., Washington DC

(I really liked his Siegel and Shuster biography, Boys of Steel, illo'd by Ross Macdonald)

From Marc Tyler Nobleman:
Once a month they hold a luncheon for members only at which a member or guest speaks. Now the Children's Book Guild of Washington DC is beginning to hold evening events and making those talks open to the public; in fact, mine will be the first, and you are hereby invited.
 
The talk is free and will last about an hour including Q&A. It's a behind-the-scenes look at my work, including the most startling discoveries I've made during book research, a few risks I've taken as the industry gets more cautious, and how I have been accused of self-plagiarism...twice.
 
Members will arrive at 6:30 for some opening guild business; I'm supposed to go on by 7 p.m., but to be on the safe side, I'd suggest arriving by 6:45.
 
DC Tenley-Friendship Library
4450 Wisconsin Ave NW
 
I'm told there is street parking and a garage under the nearby Best Buy/Container Store.

 
Marc Tyler Nobleman
http://noblemania.blogspot.com/ - The stories behind the stories I write
https://twitter.com/MarcTNobleman - But Twitter is annoying
Bill the Boy Wonder: The Secret Co-Creator of Batman, picture book illustrated by Ty Templeton, 7/1/12

No comments: