Monday, March 22, 2010

You still have a chance to send Ted Rall to Afghanistan...

His latest plea for money (I've given some)-

Heading Toward the Finish

My plan to return to Afghanistan this summer is halfway there--more than 140 backers have put up 50% of the $25,000 I will need (I'm also going to spend about $10,000+ of my own money) to get there and around. War zones are crazy expensive, and this is actually the bargain rate for this sort of journalism, particularly when one isn't backed by a major publication or broadcasting company.

This is the do-or-die phase. I'm halfway there, but there are less than two weeks left. Unless the pace of pledges accelerates, I won't make it. If you have been considering whether or not to participate, please think about it now!

As always, I remain ready, willing and able to answer any and all questions, comments, concerns, etc. about this project.

To comment on this update or see previous updates:
http://www.kickstarter.com/e/7JEIG/projects/tedrall/comix-journalism-send-ted-rall-back-to-afghanista-0/posts/9163?show_token=c63ec49fab336c2c

No comments: