Monday, July 28, 2008

Bash, alt-comics newspaper to debut on Friday

Bash, an alt-comics newspaper will debut on Friday, August 1st. The Washington City Paper's website has the story - "Talkin’ Bash," by Andrew Beaujon on Jul. 28, 2008. A pdf will be on their website, but if anyone can grab me a copy or five, I'd appreciate it as I'll be traveling that day. I am very interested in how this works out - I've thought for some time that an alternative approach to newspaper comic strips would be a good idea. The Simpsons is now the longest-running sitcom, the major movies this year are based on comic books, Jim Davis (happy birthday!) sold his jet, but is still a millionaire - there's money in comics.

BTW, I'm not quite sure how I keep getting scooped by every paper in DC, but it's getting embarrassing...

2 comments:

Randy said...

There's a kiosk right outside of Gallery Place where I exit every business day, so I should be able to grab you a handful.

Mike Rhode said...

Thanks, Randy! Copies will be mailed to libraries and writers about comics across America and into Europe.