Saturday, May 17, 2008

Keith Knight starts in Post on Sunday

Keith's new strip appears as third of the trial ones in the Sunday comics section on May 18th. Write into the Post to support it! He's got a child on the way! And he's funny! And, apropos of the controversy over the number of cartoonists of color earlier in the year, he's of color! But the important thing is that Keith's funny and an excellent cartoonist. I've bought every one of his collections at SPX and will keep buying them as long as he keeps doing them. And I've got his coffee mug with a (Th)Ink panel of Bush's Shadow(y) Government showing Bush with a shadow of Darth Vader displayed prominently on one of my comics shelves.

Keith (or Keef as he prefers, but I don't know him that well) must be reading this as he just emailed the following information:

*KEEF AT THE CHARLES SCHULZ MUSEUM/INTERSECTION FOR THE ARTS
I'll be up in the Bay Area in late May for a couple of events. On Sunday, May 18th, I'll be the guest cartoonist at the Schulz Museum in Santa Rosa, from 1-3pm. I'll be signing copies of "I Left My Arse in San Francisco". If you've never been there, go!! It's a really swanky place.
http://www.schulzmuseum.org

On Tuesday, May 20th, I'll be sharing the stage with co-horts Miriam Libicki, Ariel Schrag and Jaime Cortez for a panel discussion about graphic storytelling as part of a month-long series of comic strip and cartoon based events put on by the Jewish Community Center of San Francisco. It takes place from 7-9 pm at the Intersection for the Arts, 446 Valencia St. (between 15th and 16th) San Francisco.

http://www.jccsf.org/content_main.aspx?catid=448

Show up to both events and I'll give you something nice.

*THE COMPLETE K CHRONICLES: NOW AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER!!
You can now go to my website and pre-order the upcoming 500-page K Chronicles Omnibus Collection (being published by Dark Horse this summer). It collects the first four books (including the out-of-print "Dances with Sheep", "Fear of a Black Marker", and "Passion of the Keef"), sketches, notes and a foreword by Kyle Baker!! Click on the link below to got to the pre-order:

http://www.kchronicles.com/store/index.shtml

No comments: